Welcome to gay Christians, an Internet network of affirmative and supportive chat channels. Our "membership" draws support from a great variety of faith traditions, and our strength lies in such diversity. We affirm God's acceptance and love of all people, regardless of their sexual or affectional orientation.
GAY..... What does it mean to be gay?
What does being gay mean to you? What is your reaction to each of the following statements?
1. Being gay is having the capability to love a member of the same sex to a much greater depth than a member of the opposite sex.
2. Being gay is a matter of love, not a matter of sex.
3. Being gay is who you are, not what you do.
4. Being gay is part of you, not a separate entity.
5. Being gay is OK -- the sin is living a lie.
6. Being gay is not chosen, if it were, there would be no gays.
7. Being gay is to be ridiculed about something you can do nothing about.
8. Being gay is not changeable -- but it is liveable.
9. Being gay is accepting yourself when others are not accepting of you.
10. Being gay is being who you are -- even though you don't understand it.
11. Being gay is gentleness, warmth and sensitivity, when you are not at war with the outside world.
12. Being gay is different, and the definition of different is not "bad."
13. Being gay is reaching the autumn of your years and wondering why you have spent most of your life trying to get acceptance from people who don't know you and who don't understand you.
14. Being gay is YOU -- and nothing in this world is more important than that.Women seeking women is not taboo in this day and age. Online dating sites like Girlfriends Meet accept you regardless of your sexual orientation or spiritual beliefs.
For some dating tips, or to find your gay sole-mate visit the gay dating section of the cupid's reviews, the #1 gay dating review site on the net! Next year, Noosa in Queensland Australia will be hosting a gay festival specifically for gay christians. The festival is currently being organized and getting sponsored now.
Recent Gay Christans related News
- Strength in colors: The Filipino LGBTQ community
MANILA, Philippines ? It has been 19 years since the first organized gay pride parade in the Philippines. At that time, openly gay and lesbian groups were a rarity. Boundaries had to be pushed. Attendance was at a minimum. Rev Fr Richard Mickley of the Metropolitan Community Church (MCC) Philippines recalls the ...
- Church of England proposes 'blessings' for gay marriage
By Belinda Goldsmith LONDON (Reuters) - Church of England clergy would be able to "bless" same-sex relationships under long-awaited proposals unveiled on Thursday as the church adopts a more open - but disputed - approach to homosexuality. Although gay couples would still not be able to legally marry in a church, the proposed change would officially sanction clergy to let gay and lesbian couples ...
- Elton John concert challenges Russian gay ban
MOSCOW, Russia ? British pop icon Elton John escaped serious criticism in Russia on Saturday, December 7, after using a sold-out Moscow concert to challenge a highly contentious law banning the "propaganda of homosexuality" to minors. The 66-year-old singer is the first Western star known for fighting gay ...
- Village parish's land-grab test over gay clergy
A TEST land-grab case sparked by the Church of Scotland's debate over openly gay clergy is being played out in a village congregation of fewer than 300 worshippers.
- Dolan: Catholic Church was ?outmarketed? on gay marriage
New York?s Timothy Cardinal Dolan says the Roman Catholic Church has been ?outmarketed? on the issue of gay marriage and has been ?caricatured as being anti-gay.? Dolan discussed the Church?s...
- Gay Catholic School Teacher Fired for Wedding Plans
Teacher Fired After Applying for Marriage License
- Dolan: Catholics 'outmarketed' on gay marriage
NEW YORK (AP) ? New York's Cardinal Timothy Dolan says the Roman Catholic Church has been "outmarketed" on the issue of gay marriage and has been "caricatured as being anti-gay."
- Church of England proposes celebrating gay marriage
Church of England clergy would be able to recognise and celebrate same-sex marriages and partnerships in church services under proposals unveiled on Thursday that strengthen the church's more open approach to homosexuality. The proposals come after the mother church for the world's 80 million Anglicans earlier this year dropped its ban on gay clergy in civil partnerships becoming bishops. The ...
- Gay teacher fired after applying for marriage license
PHILADELPHIA ? A gay teacher at a suburban Philadelphia Catholic high school was fired Friday after he applied for a New Jersey marriage license. Michael Griffin was fired from Holy...
- Reader Comments
CHEYENNE -- For the congregants at Highlands United Presbyterian Church, the church's acceptance of gay and lesbian people has been no secret.